Hurrica V was restored by the renowned 100 year old boatyard, Norman R Wright & Sons based on the Brisbane River in Queensland, Australia, together with a host of contractors such as trimmers, electronic technicians, spar makers and sail makers.
Hurrica V is a classic sailing yacht of the Edwardian era. She is a triple-headed gaff auxiliary ketch designed by the esteemed Charles E. Nicholson of Campers and Nicholson fame, and built in Sydney by Australia’s premier boatyard W. M. Ford in 1924.
Hurrica V was constructed of Browns pine carvel planking, copper-roved with Spotted Gum frames. Kauri (Agathis Australis) decks 38mm (1.25″) with thick outer edge of deck and bulwark caps in teak.