Technical

Designer
1922 Charles E Nicholson of Camper & Nicholsons
C&N Yard No. 315

Builder
William (Watty) M Ford Jnr, Berrys Bay Sydney

Commissioning owner
William Oliver – 80 Walsh St South Yarra Victoria

Maiden Voyage
Handover to Oliver at Sydney March 1924 and sailed to home port
RYCV at Williamstown Melbourne Victoria.

Australian Register of British Ships No.151812 of 1924

Sparred Length approx 21.75 m 72 ft
Length on deck 18.05 m 59ft 3 in
Beam 4.30 m 14ft 2 in
Draft 2.28 m 7ft 6 in
Waterline 13.03 m 42ft 9 in
Displacement 32.5 tonne
Ballast 10 tonne 11 tons external bolted lead + 1.5 tonne 1.6 tons internal

Original Construction
Browns pine carvel planking copper roved Spotted gum frames Kauri deck 38mm thick Outer edge of deck and bulwark caps in teak. Sheathed to waterline in English muntz metal

Original Rig
Triple headed gaff ketch with main jackyard topsail

Original Auxiliary Power
1924 Norris Hemfy & Gardiner 3 cylinder 36 hp oil (read diesel), with remote gearbox and plus belt-driven dynamo.

Services
Electric battery bank and electric lighting

Original Layout
An elaborate main saloon was built in raised and fielded exclusive and expensive Fiddleback (Tiger) Queensland Maple. The cabin and working area walls were lined with horizontal boarding painted white, and the underside of the cabin top and deck heading was painted white too.

%d bloggers like this: